- Sign up for Castle Rock Parks and Recreation email newsletters
- Check out upcoming events and public meetings on our calendar
- View our submission for the National Recreation and Parks Association's Gold Medal Award and see why we think we are the best
- View job opportunities
- Provide customer feedback
- Check out volunteer opportunities
- Have a program that you would like to bring to Castle Rock? Apply online
- Looking to host a unique birthday party? Consider the Miller Activity Complex, Recreation Center or at Burgess Memorial Pool at Centennial Park
- Stay in-the-know on the more than 87 miles of trails in Castle Rock through the trail condition map and closure list
Click on the links below for additional event information - We hope to see you there!
News and Announcements
Awarded the Gold Medal Award
Recently, the Castle Rock Parks and Recreation Department accepted the National Recreation and Parks Association’s 2018 Gold Medal Award. The Gold Medal Award honors communities throughout the United States that demonstrate long-range planning, resource management and innovative approaches to delivering superb parks and recreation services. Get more information and view our submission video.
- 2018 Merit Award for Design from the American Society of Landscape Architects
- 2018 Best Project Award from ENR Mountain States in the Landscape/Urban Development category.
- The Denver Regional Council of Governments gave the park a Metro Vision award. The award recognizes regional efforts to creative vibrant, connected communities through excellent natural and built environments. This award was presented Friday, May 3, at the DRCOG 2019 Awards Celebration at the Colorado Convention Center.
- Festival Park also contended for a prestigious Urban Land Institute award, making it to the top three finalists.
- 2019 Colorado Lottery Starburst Award. Starburst Awards recognize excellence in the use of Lottery funds for community and conservation projects. Winners are chosen based on the creativity of the project, economic and social impact on the community, and whether the project achieved its goal.
Named Best of the Best by Colorado Community Media
- Best Family Entertainment - the MAC
- Best Hiking / Biking Trail - Ridgeline Open Space
- Best Park - Philip S. Miller Park
- Best Kids Summer Camps - Rock Rec Camp
- Best Swimming Lessons - Castle Rock Recreation
- Best Swimming Pool / Waterpark - the MAC
- Best Workout / Fitness Center - Castle Rock Recreation Center
Dan Burgess honored with Cornerstone Tribute award-Centennial Park
Deputy Zack S. Parrish III Memorial Park Opening and Dedication (Aug.17, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
Sundays, June 2-Sept. 29 from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at Festival Park
On the first Friday of each month, June through September, head to Festival Park to enjoy live music, food trucks, cocktails, and kid activities. Plus, make sure and register for our family friendly themed run/walk 5K After 5 series.
Free Summer Fitness Events through August!
Summer Fitness Events
Gateway Mesa Northern Trail Project
Aug. 24 (women only outing) which is currently at a wait list status, and Oct. 5 volunteer outings coordinated by Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado. Registration for the Oct. 5 outing is now open.
Rueter-Hess Paddle Days
select weekends Sunday, May 26-Sunday, Sept. 22 at Rueter-Hess Reservoir
Click on the links below for additional information.
Check out the Fall/Winter 2019 Rec Guide for new programming in 2019.
Outdoor Pickleball (this summer at Founders and Deputy Zack S. Parrish III Memorial Park)
- Our free Wednesday are back! Introducing our new outdoor program specialist, Marne Hansen. Welcome Marne! Check out the schedule for August and September and don't forget to register so we can communicate with you regarding meeting places or bad weather.
- Paddle Days at Rueter Hess Reservoir
Arts and Enrichment
Animals Around the Rock series (June-Aug.)
Free Fitness Fridays and Sunday Yoga in the Park
at the Amphitheater at Philip S. Miller Park