Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- What is annexation and how does the process work?
- How does development work in Castle Rock?
- What's happening with new cell towers in Town, including the proposal to add a tower at Quarry Mesa Open Space?
- Do Water Closets require HVAC duct per building code? The toilet room in our master bathroom is extremely cold. It does not have HVAC; it only has a fan.
- Does the Town have a policy for managing prairie dogs? Are developers required to submit a permit before moving forward?
- How much in annual revenue does the Town’s sales tax on food produce?
- Can grocery tax revenue be used to help fund renewable water?
- If the grocery tax was eliminated, would the Town have less resources for transportation needs?
- How much in surplus funds does the Town have?
- What services are funded by local taxes?
- Is the Town responsible for all public services within Town boundaries?
- Is the city considering taking over the Plum Creek Golf Club pool? If no, what is going to happen to the pool and parking lot- it has been left abandoned for 6 years.
- What are you doing with the land by Sovereign and Cherry?
- Can I climb to the top of Castle Rock?
- Can the Town construct a staircase to the top of the Rock?
- Why do Town employees go up on the Rock?
- Who is supposed to enforce the "No Parking at any Time" signs posted in Castlewood Ranch? Is it the HOA, Douglas County Sheriff's Office or CRPD?
- In a residential neighborhood, is it legal to park on the opposite side of the street, going against traffic? Also, is it legal to park with two wheels on the sidewalk?
- Is it legal for motorized dirt bikes to be driven on streets in The Meadows? It is legal for motorized vehicles/bikes to ride in the open space adjacent to Morning Glory and Waverton Ranch?
- What work is planned for Meadows Parkway?
- Why can't the traffic engineer time the lights so you don't have to stop at every red light. Founders is a mess.
- Are there more access roads being planned for Cobblestone Ranch? There is currently only two roads and they are getting congested. Additional roads into this development would be helpful.
- What road construction is happening in Castle Rock?
- What is the source of the water in Sellars Gulch? It flows year-round through Festival Park but seems to disappear just a few miles upstream.
- Why is Castle Rock Water asking residents, HOAs, and commercial customers to conserve more water?
- Is our water bill among the highest in the nation?
- Why aren’t developers required to desert-scape in Castle Rock?
- Does the Town have a surplus of water it sells to other communities?
- Why does the Town not enforce it's illegal sign code? ...
- Is it true that there are plans to move the railroad tracks in 2020?
- When are Town Council meetings?
- How can I receive emails about Town happenings?
- Where can I learn about events and open houses?
- Is it possible to opt out of door-to-door solicitation?
- How do I retire a damaged American flag?
- Does Castle Rock have a sister city?