Flag Disposal

Need to retire a faded or torn American flag? Flying a damaged flag is considered disrespectful. That's why the tradition is to burn any flag that has been properly retired. 

Flags in need of retirement can be brought to Douglas County's Office of Veterans Affairs. That office is located in the basement of the Douglas County building at 301 Wilcox St.

Learn more about Douglas County Veterans Affairs.