Liquor Licensing

Please note: As you enter Town Hall, you will be prompted to sign in at a kiosk.  

If we are unavailable to meet with you, you have the following options:   
  • Submit your paperwork to the Finance counter to forward to the Clerk's Office.
    (Staff will not be able to answer questions)
  • Email us with any questions
  • Email us if you require an appointment   

All forms should be submitted to the Town first as the Local Licensing Authority. After approval by the Town, forms are submitted to the State. If you have questions, email us.  

Mail complete application, attachments and local and State fees to:
Castle Rock Town Clerk
Attn: Lisa Anderson
100 N. Wilcox St.
Castle Rock, CO  80104

Please see tabs below for specific applications, information, and fees.

Applications are approved locally and by the State (except special events and tastings which are approved locally only). Town Council appoints a Colorado-licensed attorney as the hearing officer to act as the Liquor Licensing Authority.

New applications for Retail Liquor Stores and Liquor Licensed Drug Stores must be at least 1,500 feet from another Retail Liquor Store or Liquor Licensed Drug Store.  

No Liquor license will be issued that is within 500 feet of a school.

*Beginning in January 2019, 3.2 Beer Licenses will be converted to Fermented Malt Beverage Licenses (FMB) with no alcohol percentage determined. New FMB licenses must be at least 500 feet from schools and retail liquor stores.

Hearings are conducted as needed for new licenses and possible suspension or revocation of a liquor license. They are held in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 100 N. Wilcox St. All hearing notices must be posted at the location address for at least 10 days prior to the hearing. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure the notice remains posted until after the hearing.

Administrative approval
All other liquor applications are approved administratively.

Liquor law
It is a licensee's responsibility to be in compliance - refer to the State website for any updates to liquor laws, rules and regulations.

Compliance checks
Compliance checks and inspections are performed by the Police Department and the Colorado Department of Revenue.
Liquor License Forms
State Department of Revenue Liquor and Tobacco Enforcement Division
  1. Renew
  2. New License
  3. Changes
  4. Special Events
  5. Tastings
  6. Transfer

Renewals (submit at least 60 days prior to expiration)
If you need to renew your license, please use the Renewal Application Form the State mails to you 60 to 90 days before your license expires, or use the form linked below.

The applicant must submit to the Town Clerk's Office

Manager Permit renewals for Liquor Licensed Drugstores

The applicant must submit to the Town Clerk's Office

  • Application and write "RENEW" at the top of the form
  • Check to the Colorado Department of Revenue for $100

Note: If you have any changes to the manager, premise, etc., see information under the changes tab and submit the appropriate documents and fees.

Renewal fees (includes $100 renewal and license fees)

  Town of Castle Rock  Colorado Department of Revenue
Art License $141.25 $308.75
Beer and Wine License $148.75 $351.25
Brew-Pub License $175.00 $750.00
Club License $141.25 $308.75
Hotel & Restaurant License
Hotel & Restaurant with One Optional Premise
$175.00 $500.00
Liquor Licensed Drugstore $122.50 $227.50
Lodging & Entertainment License $175.00 $500.00
Retail 3.2 Beer License
On or Off Premises
*Effective Jan. 1, 2019, conversion to Fermented Malt Beverage License (FMB)
$103.75 $96.25 
Retail Liquor Store License $122.50 $227.50
Tavern License $175.00 $500.00
Late Renewal before 90 days past due $500.00 $500.00
Reissue Fee (90-180 days past due) $500.00 $500.00
Application Reissue Fine $25/day beyond 90 days $25/day beyond 90 days